- I’m known as Josh. Or Cooey.
- I’m from Dade City, Florida.
- I’m graduating from Florida State University this spring with a dual degree in risk management and real estate.
- This will be my 3rd year on staff at Falling Creek (2016-2017, 2019).
- I’ll be teaching fly fishing.
- My favorite camp tradition at Falling Creek is Morning Watch. It’s a peaceful way to start the day and leaves you with a nice thought to carry with you for the rest of the day.
- The best advice I’ve ever been given was to be yourself – there’s only one of you in this world, so own that.
- If I had to sing karaoke, I would sing “Cheeseburger in Paradise” by Jimmy Buffett.
- The hardest thing I’ve ever done was swim my fishing boat to shore. One time when I was out fishing, I got about halfway across the lake when my trolling motor died. I said to myself, “no big deal, you’ve got your paddle” …… NOPE, I forgot it at home. My mind immediately spits out, “looks like you’re across the lake without a paddle”. I laughed at the joke and then got to thinking of ways to get the boat back to the boat ramp. “Oh, I’ve got a great idea”, I said to myself, “I’ll tie my anchor to the boat, hop in the water, and slowly swim the half mile to the ramp with my boat in tow.” I’ll tell you what, I will never forget my paddle again.